Shockwave Therapy promotes healing of degenerated or injured tissue leading to reduced pain and increased joint function. It can be used to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions in particular those involving areas where major connective tissue attaches to the bone. It speeds up the healing process of body by stimulating metabolism and enhancing blood circulation to regenerate damaged tissues. In most cases, patient’s improvement in symptoms is expected following the initial 1-2 treatments.
Common sites that can be successfully treated are:
- Foot- Plantar Fasciitis & Achilles tendonitis
- Knee- Patellar tendonitis and shin pain
- Elbow – Tennis or Golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder – rotator cuff tendonitis & calcification
- Muscles – various trigger points
Shockwave therapy should be used for chronic conditions with little or no improvements. Acute conditions mentioned above will arguably resolve with exercise and soft tissue techniques, load and activity modifications.